AddThis

Big City Love

Madelyn + Michael 

NYC to LBC | Engagement Session


     I’ve learned a lot about love this year.  Love has surrounded me in unexpected ways, ways I never imagined.  If I wore my heart on my sleeve it would tell you I’m a hopeless romantic.  It would tell you I’m all for that idealistic vision of the perfect picnic in a wilderness meadow with someone's hand to hold, though I’m not quite sure my heart wouldn’t just beat out my chest in such a setting.  However, the wait is on.  The time for that part of my story is still looming in the distance.  Instead, I have been given the time and privilege to celebrate other love stories; meeting couples whose time has come and it is such a source of joy for me.   I get to live love through theirs, all the while taking mental ‘Field Notes’.  I am learning love through these couples shared laugh lines, having it confirmed that this, this is how it’s got to be.  The stories of couples who fully enjoy each other, so much so that even an onlooker such as myself can feel it.  The gazes into each other’s eyes tells me their story without using any words.  No one is perfect, but they are perfect for each other.  Looking through the tiny view finder of my camera is sometimes not enough - - it won’t do their love story justice, I fear.  Rest comes when the images captured display themselves on the screen and ahh yes, there it is; their love represented to a tee.   The stillness and realness of the shot tells the rawness and relevancy of the individual stories which have intertwined.  This particular couple’s story is one a hopeless romantic sighs over.  You know each other.  You date each other.  You part from each other.  You learn yourself, the very essence of you were meant to become.  Paths cross once again.  You are confident.  They are confident.  You are ready to give of yourself entirely because you know you can do it alone.  You just don’t want to.  You don’t want to because you are more certain than ever before, without a doubt, you have found someone sweeter than your solitude. 

Madelyn and Michael traveled from their home in Brooklyn, NY to spend time with family and I thank you for choosing me to spend the day with you and allowing me to capture your story while you were here.  Also, for allowing me to learn from your love. 
Congratulations on your engagement, xx! 























Alysha Miller Photography   |   #photosbyalysha

No comments:

Post a Comment