AddThis

FRIENDS

A Common Goal 

life guide 


     "So no one told you life was gonna be this way? (clap clap clap clap)...I'll be there for you 'cus you're there for me too."  Life is a certain kind of way, isn't it?  Some days are easier than others, everything that you had planned falls perfectly into place.  But let's be real.  Most days it goes the complete opposite of how you envisioned it to be.  You want to throw your hands up and be done with it.  You want to curl up in a ball and stay there for quite some time.  I know I have plenty of those days.  It's those days I am thanking God for bringing me a core group of friends who are fighting the same fight day in, and day out.  There's a different closeness when you are real with one another, sharing your down falls and being there to pick one another up.  Friendships like these are keepsakes, a treasure you do not want to take for granted.  When you come together in all your weaknesses and raise your white flags of surrender together, those days that seemed so hard start to ease up a little.  

     The last couple weeks the mission of our group has been to invite people to the Harvest Crusade in Anaheim, CA.  This is the 25th year our church, Harvest Christian Fellowship, is putting together this event bringing music and the gospel all into a 3 day weekend extraordinaire.  In approaching strangers engaging them we have had a variety of different encounters.  Some people  are interested in what you have to say, others shrug you off and move on with their day.  It is interesting to hear people's views on certain subjects, and how right some of them have it and how wrong others do.  Some people believe that this life on earth is all there is.  You know that life I talked about above?  The life that throws you curve balls; that life that makes you want to pull your hair out some days; that life with your fuel gage running close to empty; yeah that one.  How sad if that were true (thank God it is not).  Some believe that that life ends here.  That there is no such place as Heaven.  While others believe our main purpose is to live this life to the fullest trying to obtain the utmost level of happiness while we are here.  While that sounds all fine and dandy, striving to achieve that level of happiness is tiring in itself.  Others wonder what really is the meaning to this life here on earth?  Is there a God?  Does He love us, really?  What will happen when I die?  All these questions will be answered the weekend of August 15-17 at the Crusade.  The 6 of us, my friends and I, have gone out with vigilance inviting people because we know how important it is to tell others what God has graciously shown us.  If you are reading this it is not a coincidence.  It is by divine providence.  God is trying to get your attention, He's just using me to tell you.  God doesn't want you stressing yourself out over this life.  He doesn't want you trying to figure out how you can satisfy your cravings because that's not why He created you.  He didn't even create you to submit to a religion.  All He wants is for you to listen, and ask Him to show you how He can grant you that peace, serenity, and true joy you are so desperately seeking after.  

"From there you will search again for the LORD your God.
And if you search for him with all your heart and soul, 
you will find him" Deuteronomy 4:29

     God wants to bless us in this life.  I know once I threw in the towel and said, "Okay God. I'm done.  I'm done trying to live this life how I think I should live it.  I'm done filling my spare time with cheap substitutes for happiness".  It was in that moment when I spoke those words out loud, truly meaning it that He filled my cup with true happiness and has taken me on some of the greatest adventures.  Also blessing me abundantly with FRIENDS who are on this same journey as well, because Jesus is our rock, and that's how we roll! 


- - -
#finditliveit #lifeguide
    

No comments:

Post a Comment