AddThis

Euro Trip


Bonjour, Mademoiselle; Ciao, Bella

(From left to right: Paris, France; Florence, Italy; Cinque Terre, Italy; Pompeii, Italy; Venice, Italy; Rome, Italy)

Okay my fashion pretties (and just about anyone else making a Europe trip), you are going to have to grin and bear with me on this upcoming destination’s packing frenzy, because you will be living it out with me (in other words, I'm a rookie).  My European vacation starts in t-minus 2 days!!! This is my first trip to Paris, France and Italy (Florence, Rome, Pisa, Sorrento, Naples, Capri, Pompeii, Venice, Cinque Terre), no previous packing experience, so I will be throwing items into my suitcase, eyes closed, hands clasped in prayer, with the buzz of about half a dozen voices who’ve traveled this trip before recommending to me what I MUST bring along.  So as I collect my thoughts, and notes I’ve been mental listing let me share what items are making the cut into my luggage…and hope this is enough wisdom to pass along to anyone making a trek similar to mine. 

Carry On Dahling…

            The most important items packed in my carry-on are as follows:
            My Daily Light devotion book: this will guide me through Europe with morning reads and evening reads as well, encouraging passages from God’s word assuredly relatable to what each new day will bring forth.
             An eye mask: (to block out any rays that may peep through those plane windows, you have got to sleep.  I want to be a “jet setter” not a “jet lagger”
PASSPORT! Can’t forget that gem.
                          Reading material:  Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers (which I’ve already read once so I know I’ll enjoy it) and Into The Wild by Jon Krakauer made the cut, along with Vogue and Entertainment Weekly mags.
   Headphones!  Can’t go without my Local Natives ‘Hummingbird’ album for too long.
   Travel Size toiletries: (toner, body wash, toothpaste, oh my!)
    Cell phone charger/converter 
         Snacks!! (two exclamation marks on this one, pick your poison- bite sized Oreo’s and Goldfish were my poisons of choice this trip)
      Umbrella: The one constant thing I’ve been told about Paris in June, is that the gloom is real, and you may want to prepare yourself for drizzle-filled days.
             Sun block/Avon Bug wipes: Ironically, the one constant thing I’ve been told about Italy is to make sure the places you’re staying feature the letters “A & C” (short for air conditioning), meaning Italy will be HOT, perhaps muggy, attracting mosquitoes/bugs/etc.,... just lovely.
 Benadryl gel: just in case that booger bug sneaks a bite and you need some itch relief.

The Bag


Courtesy of Quiksilver (two side, zipped pouches & one roomy mid section). Easy to carry.


The Read's and The Need's


Read's: Vogue Paris & Daily Light.  Need's: Passport, headphones, Aviator lens




Baggage…

Once again, I’m overwhelmed because I want to pack the right pieces, while keeping it as light as possible.  However, I am now packing for cool, Parisian days and nights with the combination of an Italian heat wave.  My plan of attack is simple…simplicity, the bare necessities, choosing items that are versatile and that can carry through an entire month of extreme weather changes.  But wait, there’s more… my first two weeks in Paris will be spent in classes, seminars, couture houses, all made possible by the department head of my major, which is Fashion Merchandising.  I am traveling with schoolmates and our professor from Long Beach State, having once in a lifetime opportunities taking embroidery lessons with prestigious designers, and so much more through the Parisian Mod’Spe Fashion School.  So, while I will be packing primarily basics, I will need a couple pieces that show stop those certain encounters that need to leave an impression.  




The Shoes


     I have decided heavy heartedly I will only be taking three shoes with me this trip.  Shoes make the outfit this I know, and I'm leaving behind about a 50 pairs, but I will be thankful for this decision in the long run because shoes add weight and take up space.  This was a toughie, but I narrowed it down to these three:

Paired with socks, these are my go-to walking shoes (which walking is the name of this game), and white can be worn with pretty much any outfit you decide to throw on. These are also my plane ride choice.


These Steve Madden bedazzled sandals are surprisingly comfortable (they've made a few test run's around Disneyland Park and gave me no pain).  So if your feet need to breathe in Italy's hotness, here you have it.  Plus, you can dress up an outfit if need be thanks to the 'bedazzle'.  


These Ecote Rogan Leather Lace-Up Bootie are still available on Urban Outfitters website, and quite honestly I don't know how I've ever lived without them.  It's going to be a tough break-up when these babies give out on me.  They've been through a lot (such as, Coachella featured in my first post), so they definitely have to take the journey through Europe with me.  Seriously, so comfortable and make any outfit an automatic fashion statement. 




The One 'Killer Piece'
    
   This piece is to be your piece that you can trust will go with just about anything you have packed in your suitcase.  My choice was a leather jacket, keeps you warm in the chilly climate without sacrificing your style. My choice was a black leather jacket because for some reason I've mainly packed black tanks, grey tanks, black shorts, a white floral button-up, burnt orange cigarette slacks, black cardigans, you get the gist.  It was the easiest choice to match with the majority of my other items.

Drool.  I wish I had room for two.  This Joie 'Venette' Crop Leather Jacket is available on Nordstrom's website right now.  You're welcome. 




The Stand Out's

     Okay, so we need at least one stand out outfit for Paris, France.  Also, I've been told Italians are quick to size you up on your choice of outfit (which, at that point in the trip I'm pretty sure I'll be too tired to care).  Anyway, we want that one outfit we know will knock 'em, so I'll post an outfit similar to the one I'm bringing along with me.  

For Paris,

Appropriately brand named 'French Connection',  this 'Ten to Ten' style is found on Nordstrom.com
Side note: rock this with high top Converse by day, switch to the Steve Madden sandals by night.  AND put that awesome leather jacket right over, voila!



For Italy, 

This Juicy Couture 'Starflower' Maxi Dress is easy to slip on, that slit will give air as you traipse through the Italian streets, all while looking chic.  



     I have a lot of last minute prepping to do, but I wanted to share my struggle and triumph's as I was packing for this trip.  I plan on keeping a journal throughout my journey, and will continue to add posts as I live through it, I'll let you know what I should have packed, what I should have left behind, and share pictures and my experiences in these magnificent, beautiful spots of our world (all while displaying the outfit of choice each day).  


Au revoir pour l'instant
(goodbye for now),

-Alysha M












No comments:

Post a Comment